24/7 MOMS

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mom Books Are Boring - Really?


On New Years eve my husband and I took our two youngest boys out on a date night, which included a visit to Borders and Books to spend the gift cards they had received for Christmas.

We wondered the aisles and carefully made our choices. I choose The Christmas Book -How to have the best Christmas ever. This book is filled with fun Christmas celebration ideas from all over the world. I realize Christmas is over but I love traditions and thought I just might discover a few new ones in this book for the future.

A few days later back on the home front, Nate walked into the kitchen while I was cooking dinner and announces that my books are boring. I inquired why?

His responses was:
"You know that everything Christmas book you bought? well, it tells you stuff like how to buy a Christmas tree and I don't have any idea why you would want to read books like that. It's boring

Why was my 8 year old reading my book? This could be a potential problem. He might discover that my tricks of the trade are all from books that I'm really not the creative mom he thinks I am. He might also discover that I often get my rules (advice) for parenting him straight out of one of these so called boring books. Time to hide all of my Dr. Dobson parenting books.

However, I think I'm safe because in Nates opinion my MOM books are boring.

What is your MUST read boring MOM book?

24/7 MOMS is creating the 2010 MOM Must read books - submit your favorite mom book to us at trisha@247moms.com

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

My MUST have book is:

Sarah Ban Breathnach's Two Volume Set: Simple Abundace, a Daybook of Comfort and Joy

It is a daily reminder of who YOU are. Many times as mothers we lose track of ourselves and we need a reminder.

*Take a bath once a week... bubbles, chocolate, a good book.

*Experience honey, there are over 300+ types in the US alone.

*How to make the perfect cup of hot cocoa... just for you.

Experience life as YOU... Your kids will appreciate getting to know the woman beyond that.

January 8, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home