24/7 MOMS

Monday, September 7, 2009

Two Simple Jell-O Recipes

I remember as a Little girl going to my Grandmas home where she would serve us Jell-O in our very own individual glass dishes, the many Jello molds my mom created at holidays, the first time I made and ate Jigglers, the boxes and boxes of Jell-O I have made for my own children. I guess you could say Jell-O is a family tradition. Here are TWO of my favorite Jell-O recipes

Frosty Orange Jell-O Cups
From: Jell-O

1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
1 cup boiling water
2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened

DISSOLVE gelatin in water. Gradually add ice cream, stirring with wire whisk until well blended.
SPOON evenly into 4 dessert cups, then refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chilled.



Trisha's Strawberry Jell-O Angel Food Cake Dessert
This is one of MY Favorite SIMPLE desserts

Ingredients

1 large box strawberry Jello
3 cups boiling water
3 pkg. frozen strawberries
1 angel food cake
1 container Cool Whip

Directions

Break up angel food cake into pieces and place in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix up Jello with 3 cups of boiling water and add frozen berries. Jell slightly. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour over angel food cake and mix. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into 20 2-1/2 inch servings.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The 4-Crows Blog said...

Trisha, I make the Strawbery one all the time on! Only I call it Stawbery DeLight using all of the sugar free Jell-O (great weight watcher recipe). I even put it on my blog!

September 8, 2009 at 6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had the cake one, but not the orange...it sounds REALLY good.

September 11, 2009 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Rebecca N. said...

I've never seen either of these recipes. One word....Yummy!!! We will be trying these for sure! I've been trying to create more fun in the kitchen lately by making yummy treats with my 4 yr. old son.. We have a blast together! Thanks for the recipes:)

Rebecca

imsosweepy { at } gmail { dot } com

September 15, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home