Back To School Bashes
Porch Breakfast - Host a neighborhood Back To School breakfast a few days prior to school beginning, to encourage kids to begin the early morning routine.
- Deliver invites several days ahead. Create them with a school theme.
- Provide easy finger foods, fruits, muffins, bagels, scones, and beverages.
-Decorate in a school theme
Bus Stop Breakfast – Host a simple breakfast at your school bus stop on the first day of school.
- Deliver flyer's letting everyone know to come early to the bus stop for a breakfast treat.
- Set-up a buffet table of finger foods and beverages
- Decorate in school theme.
- Alternative idea is to serve it out of a wagon place all foods and to go drinks in the wagon.
Ice Cream Social – Host a fun Ice Cream social with a sundae bar after the first day of school or a few days prior.
- Send out Ice Cream or school related invites
- Provide Ice cream, toppings, whip cream, cherries and cones for a Make your own buffet.
- Decorate in fun ice cream décor or school theme.
SPA Fun – Create an at home spa with facials, manicures and pedicures or treat your daughters to a manicure or pedicure at the salon.
Special Dinner Celebration – Celebrate with a fun family dinner the night before school begins or on the first day of school.
- Serve your kids Favorite foods or go with a apple theme.
-Decorate with school theme
o Cupcakes decorated like apple or chalkboard
o Favors – fun erasers, pencils etc.
First Day of School Ideas
- Special Breakfast ( decorate Table)
Waffles with strawberries and whip cream
- Picture at school of child with teacher
- Measure stick that you use each year to show their growth
- Hand Prints of your child on paper, table cloth, toy chest
- Welcome HOME Banner hanging out front of your home
- Present your child each year with a new reading book that you have written a note inside of to them.
- Magic School Bus – deliveries a bag of supplies and gift.
Or School Fairy or Try a fun scavenger hunt
In Germany the children wake up on the first day of school to a tradition of receiving a Schultuete or sugar cone which is an over sized paper cone filled with school supplies, candy and small toys!
This tradition began about 1810 when their sugar cone was filled only with sweets, today the find pencils, crayons and erasers and other surprises in their cones.
You can make a DIY (do it yourself) Schultuete by forming a cone from a sheet of poster board and covering it with colorful wrapping paper, scrap book paper or stickers. You can make it which ever size you choose by adjusting the size of the poster board or paper! Add Tissue to the top of the cone for the finishing touch.
Ideas for filling a cone for your child include:
- Coloring books
- Reading Books
- Make-up, Jewelry
Create fun simple memories as your children head back to the classroom this school year.
Labels: Back To School, Celebrations