24/7 MOMS

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Dr. Seuss School Tradition


Last year I purchased two copies of the Dr. Seuss book Oh, the Places You’ll Go to use as a new tradition with my two youngest boys (Caleb and Nate-no). My plan is at the end of each school year to have their school teacher write a little note inside the book to them. When they graduate from High School I will present the filled book to them and allow others to sign it at their graduation party.

I came up with this idea as I was looking at the copy of this book given to my #1 Son (Stephen Jr) when he graduated from Kindergarten. The giver had signed the book with a little note to him. It’s too late to now to have all of Stephen Jr's teachers sign his copy - he graduated from High School last year. But, there is still time for a new tradition for the 2 youngest boys. Now to just remember to have their teachers sign it each year.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Children's Chapters- Lauri Rosen Sack said...

i have been doing this for years with my boys as well as My Book About Me by Me, Myself ( also a Dr. Seuss ) ... my boys are now 16 and 11 and did them for years! please see my kids bookstore online- www.childrenschapters.com- in business almost 10 years! thanks. lauri
free shipping!

June 6, 2009 at 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Terri said...

Super idea! I love it and Dr. Seuss too. I plan to get a copy of Oh, The Places You'll Go! for my granddaughter. I will give it to her Mom, my daughter, to see if she would like to start this lovely tradition. Thanks!
vinter@warwick.net

June 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

What a nice idea! My son read this book in kindergarten... and he is 11 now.

June 6, 2009 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Brimful Curiosities said...

Wonderful idea!

June 6, 2009 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I think this is a wonderful idea! Such a way to encourage children and to let them know what their teachers think of them!

June 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger tchrtiff said...

I started this tradition with my daughter last year. Both her kinder and 1st grade teachers commented that it was such a great idea that they'll have to remember for when they have kids. I think it will be a wonderful keepsake come high school graduation.

June 6, 2009 at 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie McNeilly said...

Thanks for the fabulous idea, Trisha. My oldest starts Kindergarten next year, so just in time! Do you have any idea of what to do for the junior and high school teachers? Just ask their overall favorite for the year?

June 6, 2009 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger momisbestjob said...

I officially started this with my daughter this year after getting the idea from you. She just finished 2nd grade, but since all of her previous teachers are still at her school I was able to have them since it!

June 7, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home