24/7 MOMS

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More 24/7 MOMS E-Cookie Exchange Recipes


Today our 24/7 MOMS E-Cookie exchange recipe comes from our 24/7 MOM Rosey Bacon a real Tradition - alists.

Rosey emailed us the following story of how her new cookie tradition has begun :

A few days ago, my youngest son (11 yo) asked when we were going to start planning for the cookie baking we do at Christmas. I pondered a bit on how I don’t normally bake cookies for Christmas – we just eat the ones given to us as gifts – and then I remembered that last year I had said for us to start a new tradition! The day the kids got out of school, we would bake one batch of cookies each day until Christmas. Each of the kids got to pick different cookie recipes and help make them. Not only did we have something to do each day they were at home from school to keep them occupied, but we had a plethora of cookies to have on hand when friends dropped by during the season.

I’m thankful that I am a tradition-alist! And I’m thankful that God has given me kids who want to be tradition-alists, too!

My Moms - RUM LOGS
Submitted by: Rosey Bacon rbacon@wavecable.com
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons rum flavoring
1 egg
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups sifted flour

*Cream butter and sugar together; mix in vanilla, rum flavoring and egg.
*Stir in nutmeg and flour (one cup at a time) until well blended.
*Chill dough for 4 hours.
*Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
*Roll dough into pinkie-finger-sized logs and place on a cookie sheet with a light coating of cooking spray.
*Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
*Makes about 6 dozen logs.
**Frost with ribbons of red & green frosting for a Christmas touch!

Join the E-Cookie exchange fun and send us your Christmas baking recipes to trisha@247moms.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home