24/7 MOMS

Sunday, March 9, 2008

I am NOT a cook - I feed the freezer


I am not a Cook and Cooking is NOT my thing ( just ask my mom, husband and friends)....however with a family of 7 taking off the chef hat was not going to be an option ....instead I needed to come up with a method of cooking that would not only keep my family happily feed but would de-stress my role as a chef.

The solution to my “NOT my thing” cooking dilemma is what I refer to as "Feed the Freezer" for the past 10 years it has completely changed my entire cooking and meal planning STRESS.


The concept of "Feed the Freezer" is to choose my favorite freezable recipes and double and triple them so that I can begin feeding my freezer full of extra meals. After doing this several times soon my freezers is full of a variety of meal choices and makes my meal planning SIMPLE.

Now I can easily place that chef hat on as if cooking is “My Thing”.

Check back later this week to read additional helpful hints and recipes from Trisha’s “Feed the Freezer" method of simplifying your cooking and meal planning stress.

Today's "Feed the Freezer" recipe:

Cranberry Chicken - from "Don't Panic it’s in the freezer" cookbook
4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts
1 8 oz. bottle of Catalina Dressing
1 package dry onion soup mix
1- 1 lb can whole berry cranberry sauce

You can double and triple these ingredients to make multiple freezer meals.

Mix together dressing, onion soup mix and cranberry sauce. Place the desired amount of chicken and mixture together in a freezer bag. Freeze. On cooking day: Thaw completely. Place chicken with cranberry sauce in greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees hour 1 to 1 ½ hours uncovered.Or place in the Crock Pot on low for 8 hours.

Don’t forget to write on your freezer bag what is inside and the quantity.
Check out http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/ for Lysa's recipe swap

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

I hear ya on the freezing! My recipe would either freeze or do well in the crockpot.

I bet my husband would love this. He loves cranberries!

March 10, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home